November 11, 2013

Dexter R. and Mary Jane Case - Their Wills

 Dexter Case died on January 9, 1912, but his will was made four years before.

"Byron, Oklahoma, Jan. 8th, 1908
I, Dexter R. Case, of town of Byron, in Alfalfa Co. in State of Oklahoma, being of sound mind,memory and understanding, do make this my last will and testament.
I bequeath all of my household goods, ready money, securities, goods & chattles, and all other parts of my real & personal estate & effects, whatsoever and wheresoever, subject only to the payment of my just debts, to my wife, Mary J. Case, to and for her absolute use and benefits, and I appoint Isum B. Case executor of this, my will, and hereby revoke all other wills.
In witness whereof, I hereunto set my hand and seal, the day and year first above mentioned.
Signed, Sealed, published and acknowledged by the said Dexter R. Case, as and for his last will and testament, in the presence of us, who in his presence and at his request, and in the presence of eath other, have subscribed our names hereunto as witnesses thereof.
Alfonso W. Hadley
Viola M. Hadley
(signed by Dexter R.Case)

After Dexter died, his wife waited a few years before writing her own will on Christmas Day, 1913.  Mary Jane died on June 21, 1917.


"Last Will and Testament of Mary Jane Case
I, Mary Jane Case, being of sound mind and memory, do make and publish this, my last Will and Testament, hereby revoking any other will heretofore made by me.

1. I give and bequeath to my son, Isum B. Case, and my son, Frank Case, all of my household goods, share and share alike.

2. All the rest and residue of my property, both real and personal, I give, devise, and bequeath to my son, Isum B. Case.  In the event that my said son, Isum B. Case, should not survive me, it is my will and desire that the property hereby devised and bequeathed to my son, Isum B. Case, should go to his heirs at law.

3. I hereby appoint my son, Isum B. Case, executor of this, my last will and testament and request that he be allowed to serve without bond.
In witness thereof, I, Mary Jane Case, have to this my last will and testament, subscribed my name this 25th day of December, 1913."
(Signed- Mary Jane Case and witnessed by H. C. Wear and I. S. Alexander)

No comments:

Post a Comment