June 16, 2022

A Ladies' Group in Malinta, Ohio

I'm back to working on my great-grandmother's family, the Delphs of Malinta, Ohio, and Crawford County, Ohio.  Search for the many other posts on this blog related to this family. 

Thanks to Jim Delph for the "red box" of Delph goodies that I am working my way through right now.  In the box was this picture of a group of lovely ladies, including my great-grandmother's sister, Henrietta "Sue" Delph.  It was probably taken in Malinta as she was young in the photo, but what group was it?  A choir?  A literary group? A church group? 

On the back of the photo were the ladies' names written in what now is a very, light pencil.  I have attempted to transcribe the names, but some were just too light.  Maybe you can help.


Edith Hoffrey, Polly Dauber, Myrtle Heckler, Lora La... , Ella Hemsoth
Julia Herge, Harriet B... , Kate Purs..., Rose Hurst, Annie Klingler, 
Gertrude Honeck, Henrietta "Sue" Delph, Mar... Hoffrey, Lucille Dauber,
Bertha Cl... , Lulu Dunbar

I don't know if the names were in order of appearance or random, but if you recognize someone, please comment.


*All comments are reviewed before posting, so they will not appear for a few days until approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment