August 2, 2019

Rudyburger, Anyone?

This was really a special day for me because I found out how to make a Rudyburger!

Dana O. has spoken to me a couple times about her fond memories of going down to my mom and dad's (Donna and Rudy's) trailer at the river and cooking Rudyburgers. I wanted to ask, "What are those?" but I thought I probably once knew and just forgot. Surely the answer would come to me...but it never did.

Then Teresa M. wrote a memory to me yesterday about eating Rudyburgers down along the Maumee with my parents! Ok, too much. I surrendered. I asked. "What the heck is a Rudyburger?" I have to admit that I was expecting a much more complicated answer than I got. So simple.

Wrap a raw hamburger patty in tin foil and throw in into the campfire. When you think it should be done, take it out and eat it. That's it? Yep.

Now I have to try it, but I would think knowing exactly when the burger would be done might be tricky. Do I need a timer? Are there certain sounds that signal doneness? Does the campfire flame turn to a flickering, red color to denote the completion of cooking? Is a Rudyburger always charred past recognition? I think I need a few more instructions.
Any thoughts?

Aren't you glad I told you about Rudyburgers? I'll bet Rudyburgers were especially for kids, don't you?

P.S. You probably think I've put all the family history on already. Nope. I think we can go back even further back into the life of the Ellings...next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment