April 18, 2011

Book Review - Max on Life by Max Lucado

I have never read a Max Lucado book that I have not learned from in some way, and benefitted from spiritually.  Max on Life is no exception.

In a simple question-answer format, Max Lucado addresses a bevy of inquiries that many of us have pondered.  Some of these are really the BIG questions of life – about our beliefs, prayer, relationships, jobs, raising children, and death and grief.  Using Scripture for support and a clear, conversational style, Lucado expertly leads us through explanations of some very complex subjects.  It seemed like every page offered some application to my own life.

For me, this is not a book to be read cover to cover in a few days, but instead a book to be savored slowly as each question/answer can serve as a devotional moment.  A Scripture index provides additional suggestions for reading on each topic.  Lucado has a gift for linking these questions, Biblical answers and practical life examples to teach us.  A very readable, thoughtful book and one that I highly recommend for everyone.

*This book was provided to me through the BookSneeze program, Thomas Nelson Publishers, for my review.  The opinions are solely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment